Saturday, September 13, 2008

My Son is Now Embarrassed by Me!

I went into Shad’s school classroom today to say a surprise “Hi!” I just knew he would feel so privileged that his Mom had come to visit. The first snag in my happy little fantasy was when I realized he was hiding. How could he be hiding from me?! He couldn’t possibly be embarrassed by me, could he? Then I went over to say Hi and made a special effort to not give him a kiss on the cheek. And when he realized that hiding was not going to work, he greeted me with a “What are you doing here?” No “Hi Mom, good to see you” or even a hug and a smile, but “What are you doing here?” When did I become so uncool? Could it already be happening in 3rd grade? I thought for sure my cool factor was going to last a little longer. I guess I must now relish in the fact that I am still cool to the other three for now.

3 comments:

texansusan said...

Poor Raina. :) Just bring him a Kid's meal for lunch one day and then he'll be happy to see you... maybe.

azufelt said...

Hey Raina! I finally made it to check out the blog. Now, you can check out the "challenge"!!

Jeff said...

Finally, I've been waiting for a new post. You inspired me to take over ours and then you stop. Don't feel too bad about Shad, just bring cupcakes on his birthday. Jonathan was already hiding from me in pre-K even when other kids in the class were happy to see me. By the way, did you read the email from Lisa Fay?