Sunday, March 13, 2011

Shad's Second Cast

Well Shad has now gotten his second cast and I'm pretty sure it is the same arm. There is no cool story to how he did this. He was simply running and fell. If that's all it takes to brake a bone then Emmy should be breaking one on a daily basis. :-) He actually broke it almost three weeks before he got the cast but his slacker parents didn't realize it was broken. The problem is that Shad only complains a lot when there actually isn't anything wrong with him. When he is truly hurt he usually doesn't say much. How's a Mom to know? :-) So after a few weeks and he mentioned his hand huring again, I decided to take him to get it x-rayed. Oops! It was a hairline fracture on his right fifth metacarpal. Don't pull out your old college books, that just means his right hand by the pinky. I feel so smart when I say it though. :-) It should only be on for a few weeks (since it was already healing by the time he got the cast on).

4 comments:

texansusan said...

Poor guy. That's how it always is with us parents. Kids have SO many accidents that it's hard to tell the real ones from the many, many minor ones. Wow, Shad looks different. I hope ya'll are still doing well!

Gardners said...

Shut up! Are you seriously posting on your blog??? Poor Shad! Nothing like neglecting a broken bone to make you feel like a winner of a mother, huh? ;P

Jason said...

Happy to see the post...maybe I'll go post on my blog too. :)

It was SO GREAT to see you guys! We sure loved the time we got to spend with you! LOVE YOU GUYS!!!

Lena

Leslie B said...

Wow!! You're still alive!! :) It's good to hear from you, even if it is a sad story.
And just so you know, my old college textbooks wouldn't tell me the answer to whatever bone you mentioned so I'm glad you told me what it meant. :)