Thursday, October 2, 2008

The Big Debates!?

I am trying to be a good citizen and watch the vice-presidential debates so that I can really make an imformed decision on my voting. It is so frusturating! I listen to one side and next I listen to the other side say that everything that was just said was not true. And then it continues on in the reverse. What is the point in these debates if they are nothing but half truths, manipulated truths, or what I call just plain lies? I actually find both vice-presidential candidates to be quite likable if I met them casually on the street. But on the other hand I think you can't believe a word either one of them says. What happened to truth? They should not be allowed to talk about the opposing party at all. I think I should be able to make the rules. And if they lie or half-truth tell, they will get a small electric shock every time they do it. I'm not into torturing them. I just want it to be a little uncomfortable. It seems to work well with dogs.

5 comments:

Aimee said...

That's a great idea! I think you should suggest it to the big wigs.

How cute is your family??? Love that you have a blog... it's been a long time.

Say hi to Marcos for me... and Ferd, too.

texansusan said...

That's hilarious! But great!

I thought the VP candidates debated better the Presidential ones. I wish there was a non-partisan person there to tell us the truth. I couldn't watch the whole thing, it just made me want to gag.

Jeff said...

I like your rules

Lorie said...

I agree... it's so confusing when they keep saying what the other believes then he says that's not true so it's really hard to get the actual facts w/o being caught up in a bunch of fancy talkers. I vote YES on the electric shock idea. Better yet, hook them up to polygraphs while they sit there. THEN we could get straight answers.

bladbox said...

I am with you on that one! of all the people in the USA, that's all we could come up with for potential Pres. of the United States of America! Come on people! Ya, the bantering or flat out slamming the other person has got to stop!